I drove out to the barn in a cold rain. Harley and the gang, snug in their stalls, munching hay, peered out to see who had arrived. As usual, Callie Lou, ran up to Harley's door, seeking spilled grain bits (her idea of a good treat). I gave him a good curry, fussed with his mane that wants to go every which way, and cleaned his feet. By the time we got home, the snow was mixing with rain. Good thing we got all the blankets cleaned--we might need them really soon!
Honeysuckle Faire for giving me this award! I've so enjoyed reading her blog and so many others. I'm now supposed to list 15 other blogs--the only problem is that so many of the blogs I follow seem to have already won!
I'm going to have to hunt around and find some other blogs to pass this along to...so bear with me while I come up with a list!
Hmmm, things about me...
1. All my writing seems to be done on this blog. I don't know if that's a good thing, since I'm not earning at money at it, but I've had fun connecting with other horse-crazy people in cyberspace.
2. Someday I'd love to take a riding vacation in Wales.
3. I'd rather spend my free time at the barn cleaning stalls rather than cleaning house (and my house reflects this!)
4. I'd like to take Harley on a horseback trip, in some of my old summer camp stomping grounds in Vermont.
5. I enjoy gardening with John and we grow a substantial amount of vegetables. We grew enough potatoes last year to last us through until this year.
6. I love, love, love maple syrup. We tap our trees and make enough syrup to last a couple of years (We gave the trees a break last year).
7. I have another blog about life on the home front.