Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What great riding weather!

And I'm stuck inside doing demolition work on the house. It's time for a new roof for the old place (long overdue) and an upgrade--3 new skylights. John took Harley out for a nice long ride Monday. Then we got to work on the house. As with any work on a 100+ year old house, there's always a can of worms opened when you start a project. Turns out, we need to rip out the plaster and lathing to sister up the roof, then cover it with plywood, and lastly, put new shingles on. Oh my...will I see Harley at all this week?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the roof, but don't forget to visit Harley for down time. Even if you can't ride, grooming keeps you sane in the midst of difficult remodeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Maybe after work, I'll go visit Harley with a carrot and curry comb before I start taking down more ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that done in a week...my you must be hard workers! At least you got your Monday ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our house is also over 100 years old, so I know exactly what you mean in this post. The house always needs something! Still, I do like the charm and history of an old house. Too bad projects always end up being so much bigger than you think they're going to be. But isn't it nice you have Harley patiently waiting in the wombs for you??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Harley's blog.