Monday, October 14, 2019

Bashing through the woods

In the golden glow of autumn, Harley and I rack up our hours as we close in on our next Jockey Club Recreational Riding level of 100 hours. Yesterday, we nearly reached that goal, but ran out of time. This will be the week we achieve that goal!

Over the past year, I've messed around with all kinds of hoof boots. We went from the Easyboot Backcountry to a short hiatus on Scoots, then ended up with Gloves, heavily modified!. I need something that will stay on through mud, water, and bushwhacking.

Harley's Easy Scoots


It's been a journey, getting boots that fit his Thoroughbred feet. I've modified theses further, but next spring, I may opt for shoes. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For the rest of this year, it will be boots or barefoot (once the snow flies) when we hit the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Harley's blog.